Audrey Hepburn Oil Painting

Audrey Hepburn by Rachael St. Pierre
This piece is one of my favorite pieces because it was not only was fun to paint but it also shows a lot of progress. Audrey Hepburn has always been someone I admired since I was young, so I knew when I chose to do a portrait it would be of her. By bringing in the principals of design like unity and harmony I was able to create the right proportions. This painting was also the first one I have done using only black and white tones. Therefore, I learned to develop the correct skin tones by mixing in a small amount of burnt umber into it. Overall, the contrast in this painting brings out the retro feel of the picture, so it is by far a painting I will continue to love because it takes the viewer back to the 1950's. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Front Porch View Oil Painting

Yellowstone Oil Painting